In their May 2017 Currency Outlook report, Tempus, an exchange rate and global payments company, provides a detailed report including the following topics and sections:
- U.S. GDP growth was at its worst level since 2014
- European Central Bank showed economic optimism, but remains hesitant on tightening
- UK Prime Minister calls for early primary election
- The USD lost 1.1% in April, erasing any gains had by the “Trump rally”
- First 100 days of Trump presidency sees unfavorable impact on USD.
The View – Developments in April increase questions in the long-term for the USD
- Per Bloomberg, the USD is down 4.6% for the year
- The Euro climbed 2.1%, reaching strongest level since October
- Euro’s continued strength partially dependent on French election
- GBP remained strong
IBC Members can download the complete Currency Outlook from the members-only section of the IBC website under the Special Reports section. IBC membership is free for all regular IHA members – to learn more and to join, visit the IBC membership information page.