Originally a social and sporting club built in 1893 and reopened as a lifestyle boutique hotel in 2015, the Chicago Athletic Association has long served as the foundation for big ideas and intentional connection. And this year, newly part of the World of Hyatt membership program, it serves as a new addition to the 2019 show — no membership required. Join us this year to experience:
- $174 Early Bird Rates (when booked by 12/31/19)
- Complimentary WiFi & 24-hour fitness center
- Waived Founders’ Fee (including complimentary champagne toast, discounted offsite spa services, Art Institute of Chicago perks, and more)
- 7 Bars & Restaurants
Located in The Loop on Michigan Avenue across from Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, the Chicago Athletic Association hotel has been painstakingly transformed into a uniquely inspired boutique hotel and iconic destination for travelers and locals.
Restored to historic accuracy and reopened as a boutique hotel in 2015, our doors are open to the public for the first time in over a century and the building repurposed as a downtown hub focused on culture and inclusivity. The hotel offers 241 guest rooms, seven award-winning bars & restaurants, multiple unique event spaces and more. Interiors throughout the building were designed by Roman & Williams and echo our clubby past, with a modern twist.
Dine & Libate
It doesn’t get more Chicago than this 1893 landmark of iconic architecture and good cheer. Revel in seven award-winning dining and drinking outlets, Chicago’s first Topgolf Swing Suite, and over 150 annual programs and events during your stay. Whether you’re sleeping in or stepping out, take in all this urban playground has to offer from rooftop views to local brews. Here’s the roster of restaurants and bars under our roof:
- Cindy’s (13th Floor): Perched within a vaulted glass and steel rooftop atrium recalling the train depot that once lived across Michigan Avenue, Cindy’s is the beloved jewel in our Chicago icon’s crown.
- Cherry Circle Room (2nd Floor): Beloved for its distinctly American farm-to-table, nose-to-tail ethos, Cherry Circle Room is the James Beard Award-winning restaurant in the way, way back, evoking visions of throwback cocktails and tableside presentations of the finest meats.
- Milk Room (2nd Floor): Once a speakeasy used by members during Prohibition, Milk Room’s hidden eight-seat microbar perfects a spirit-forward cocktail menu crafted from only the rarest vintage spirits and elixirs
- Game Room (2nd Floor): The original billiards room is reborn as a boisterous playground and bar that pays homage to our clubby past for a new era of competitive smackdowns with a built-in bocce bay, billiard, shuffleboard, chess and checkers tables.
- Drawing Room (2nd Floor): Flanked by three working fireplaces with extraordinary relief work, Drawing Room offers a relaxed atmosphere for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks with a rustic yet refined menu of our take on familiar regional classics.
- Shake Shack (Ground Floor): Did you know? The Chicago Athletic Association is the only hotel in the world where you can order Shake Shack room service. Or where you can swing by the first-floor location for mouth-watering burgers, crinkle cuts and frozen custard shakes.
- Fairgrounds Coffee & Tea (Ground Floor): Behind the bar, cold brews and sparkling teas are served on tap, matcha is whipped to order and a variety of artisanal beverages and kombuchas celebrate choice.
Programs & Events
More than a calendar of events, we’re a connector of people – where visitors explore and neighbors engage through authentic social experiences in art, music, food, drink, and sport. Melding relationships with local and national partners, our in-house team curates over 150 imaginative, accessible events inside the Chicago Athletic Association every year. See what’s on deck at www.chicagoathleticevents.com.
To reserve a room At Chicago Athletic Association for The 2020 Inspired Home Show, click here.