By Wes French, Coordinator of Social Media
The International Home + Housewares Show is a not only a show for buyers and exhibitors to place orders and show items, but also a place to learn about the future and direction of the home and housewares industry.
The Housewares Design Theater and Education Sessions offer attendees the chance to listen and learn from peers as well as outside influences on topics regarding all sorts of housewares trends like color, food and drink trends, future technologies and what they mean for home goods, consumer analysis and design focus.
Here are just some of the speakers you can find on the 2011 educational + design theater programs page of our website.
- Phil Lempert, The Supermarket Guru, spoke with a panel about generating greater profits for your business within the home goods industry. You can watch a video of Lempert’s session here.
- Peter Goldman of NPD explains the consumer state of mind, delving into the key motivators of why consumers buy what they buy.
- Lee Eiseman of Pantone conducted two separate sessions on color trends for the upcoming year explaining Color Directions for 2012 and the Top Choices of Designers. Learn how keeping consumers visually engaged can make product sales visually rise.
- Panels of experts, like that of the seminar for Realizing Good Intentions Through Product Design (pictured above), featured groups of industry focused speakers discussing topics. In this case it was design and it’s positive effects on the industry.
- Finally, Tom Mirabile of Lifetime Brands led the session on industry-wide trends for 2012. Follow along with his powerpoint of the presentation as you listen to the audio. Mirabile also highlighted the main points of his seminar in the video below.
There are over 20 audio clips from the seminars held during the 2011 Show on our website. You can download or stream them all straight from our webpage. Visit our YouTube page to also catch video from the 2011 Show.
Enjoy the housewares education free from IHA!