By Judy Colitz, IHA Events Coordinator
CHESS 2010 provided housewares industry chief officers a chance to learn about the uncertain economic outlook last fall and business practices for sorting the winners from the losers in the new economic order.
CHESS—the strategic and networking event of the year—included a wide range of topics from the new reality of global manufacturing…to critical changes in federal laws that affect the industry…to the truths about sustainability and social media. In addition to general sessions, CHESS attendees participated in breakouts that focused on retail success and informally networked with colleagues in the home and housewares industry about applying new concepts to their individual businesses.
CHESS 2011 is centered around similar ideas with a few significant changes:
- The venue has changed, now hosting will be the InterContinental Chicago O’Hare, just five minutes from O’Hare Airport
- There will still be a Keynote and General speaker sessions, but this year will have TWO Breakouts:
- For small companies, sessions about independent sales and Gov’t regulations
- For large companies, sessions about combining store brand strategies with your brand strategies
- Luncheon Table Topics will be featured at this year’s event, generating more networking opportunities for all attendees
CHESS 2011 will have more opportunities than ever for attendees to network and learn about the newest issues facing the Housewares industry. Join your colleagues October 4 & 5, 2011 in Chicago and have your voice heard on the ideas that shape the future of our industry.
Contact Judy Colitz at email@example.com or by phone 847.692.0126 with any questions.