Since its inception in 1999, gia has grown in stature to become the leading global award for home and housewares retailers in more than 20 countries on five continents. The primary sponsors of the gia award program are the International Housewares Association and the International Home + Housewares Show.
Annually, over 20 global home and housewares retailers are recognized for excellence. Benefit from the merchandising savvy of this group of best-in-class retailers at the International Home + Housewares Show, by visiting the gia Showcase where visuals of their award-winning efforts are on display. Banners for the honored retailers are hung in the walkway between the Lakeside Center and the Grand Concourse.
During the Show, all national gia winners of the year are honored at an invitation-only dinner ceremony. At the gia awards dinner, up to five retailers are further singled out as Global Honorees based on the determination of a distinguished panel of international retail experts.
Here are your gia winners to date for 2011/2012 (alphabetical order, by Country):
- Argentina – Kitchen Company, Buenos Aries
- Australia – Burnt Orange, Mosman NSW
- Belgium – Doen. het Gents kookmagazijn, Gent
- Brazil – Doural Presentes, São Paulo
- Canada – Kitchen Therapy, South Sorrey
- China – Hong-Gu-Xuan Funiture Company
- Columbia – Distribuidora Rayco S.A., Bucaramanga
- Germany – Güterbahnhof 21, Marburg
- Italy – Morandin Regali, Treviso
- Netherlands – De Bijenkorf, Amsterdam
- New Zeland – Table Pride, Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
- Russia – Krishkin Dom, Moscow
- Turkey – Tefal Shop, Istanbul
- UK – Barton Grange Garden Centre, Preston
- Uruguay – PÓRTICO, Montevieo