To help members investigate alternatives to sourcing from China, the International Housewares Association will hold a sourcing mission to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, next year. The 2020 Vietnam Sourcing Mission will be offered in two sessions: April 20-22 or April 23-25.
Each session is limited to just six companies to provide a high level of service and allow for private meetings and factory tours. The dates were chosen to allow attendees to add this mission onto their sourcing trips to the key Asia shows, Hong Kong Houseware Fair and Canton Fair, said Mark Adkison, IHA’s vice president, international.
IHA is partnering with Vietnam B2B Direct, who will complete a thorough search and qualification review based on product information supplied by attendees and provide a detailed overview of potential factories. Attendees will receive comprehensive, vetted reports (approximately 12-20) on potential factories for their specific products and will be able to choose from 6 to 10 factories for one-on-one meetings and tours of the facilities during the mission.
The registration fee includes:
- Factory search, pre-screening and qualification
- Private, one-on-one meetings with Vietnamese manufacturers
- Private factory tours including transportation; staff support, including interpretation as needed
- Welcome meeting, group lunches and group dinners
- Airport transfers in Vietnam
- Vietnam Business Briefing
Additional attendees from the same company can register and attend for a reduced price.