Book now and enjoy these additional incentives:
- Named one of the Top 10 Hotels in Chicago by Travel + Leisure magazine in 2016
- Special rates for attendees of the 2017 International Home + Housewares Show, starting at $195
- NEW: Complimentary wireless internet in guestrooms
- NEW: Enjoy two ways to earn Double SPG Starpoints on your stay:
- – For reservations made before January 31, 2017, receive Double SPG Starpoints on your entire stay
- – For reservations made before February 28, 2017, receive Double SPG Starpoints on pre- and post-night stays
- NEW: Guests will receive one Gwen wooden nickel – redeemable for one cocktail – upon check-in. The tradition of wooden nickels hearkens back to the Chicago World’s Fair in 1933, when these tokens were initially distributed as souvenirs and later accepted by merchants as a type of currency, commonly redeemable for goods, such as drinks.
Contemporary with an artistic soul, The Gwen, a member of Starwood Hotels & Resorts’ prestigious Luxury Collection portfolio, is thrilled to welcome attendees of the International Home + Housewares Show this upcoming March and have them experience our new guestrooms.
Thanks to The Gwen’s prime location soaring above the Magnificent Mile, guests can embrace a true sense of place as they explore and discover hundreds of shops, restaurants, and attractions that are all within walking distance. The beauty of the Windy City can even be appreciated without leaving the 311-room hotel, as it offers landmark views from many of its guestrooms and signature Terrace Suites.
Design reigns supreme at The Gwen, which debuted newly refreshed public areas in May, displaying the work of the renowned Chicago-based Simeone Deary Design Group. The team re-invigorated the space, located in the historic McGraw-Hill Building on North Michigan Avenue, to celebrate the energy and glamour of Chicago in the 1930s, with a modern twist.
This heritage pays homage to the hotel’s namesake, Gwen Lux, a young sculptress who, in 1929, created the zodiac-inspired relief panels that adorn the exterior of the building, many of which are still in place today. Embracing Lux’s body of work, artistic spirit, and the Art Deco-era in which she thrived, the hotel proudly carries her legacy throughout. From recreations of her famed panels in the hotel’s lower lobby, to images of the artist herself creatively weaved into the décor, The Gwen amplifies the indelible mark Lux left on Chicago.
As part of the property enhancements unveiled in 2016, The Gwen also debuted two exciting dining experiences: Circa Restaurant & Lounge, which highlights the rich diversity of American cuisine, and Upstairs at The Gwen, a rooftop terrace that serves creative sips and delectable small plates with a panoramic view of downtown Chicago. Both outlets celebrate the art of craft cocktails, giving a special nod to Prohibition-era libations, such as the Boulevardier and the Gin Rickey.
Explore The Gwen through the snapshots below: