EuroDev is a business development company with headquarters in the Netherlands and a secondary office in France. EuroDev’s business model is built around being the outsourced sales force for U.S. companies which are looking for boots on the ground. With a team of dedicated, experienced and multilingual business developers and subject-matter experts, EuroDev have successfully worked for over 150 US and Canadian companies. EuroDev currently represents about 62 U.S. companies across three business units:
- Industrial/Technical (about 45% of clients)
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Medical – small % of clients
Focus on SMEs
EuroDev’s focus is on Small to Mid-Sizes Enterprises (SMEs) with between $10mm and $300mm in annual sales volume globally. They prefer to work with suppliers who have a unique concept, technology or design, rather than simply market goods, and products made in USA are a plus. For U.S. companies with limited sales in Europe who are looking to generate $1-2 million in sales in the region and don’t currently have the resources to hire staff, open a warehouse, and/or establish an office in Europe on their own, EuroDev could be an ideal partner. A U.S. supplier can choose to begin in one market or multiple markets, and either a direct to retail (DTR) or distribution model may be chosen, depending upon the supplier’s capabilities and interest.
Initial Working Agreement
EuroDev always starts with a four-month introductory program for both parties to get acquainted with each other. This introductory program ends automatically after month 4. Within these 4 months, EuroDev will take the following main steps:
Set up your European team:
- Dedicated (part-time) business development manager who will be trained by you in the US on site
- Dedicated (part-time) inside sales and marketing employee
Set up your “European” office to make you an acceptable and trustworthy business partner in Europe:
- Work on your European documentation, presentation, landing page etc.
- System (computer, phone, database)
- Analyze your target markets
- Check on the prices, terms and conditions of the competition
- Check the routes to market of the competition
- Check certifications and standards
Lead generation and qualification:
- Line up leads in 3-4 countries in different sales channels
- Screen the leads and find the right contact persons
- Send them documentation in the right language and in the correct way
Joint business trip and evaluation:
- Organize meetings and visit potential clients in month 4 together with you
- Evaluate visits and experiences gained during the 4-month program
- Determine go-forward strategy
Platform for Own Presence
Working with EuroDev means that a company has a permanent European presence at a fraction of the costs of setting up its own office. EuroDev will develop the supplier’s brand throughout Europe on their behalf. As they currently sell homewares and home décor products to the retail market in Europe they have already built a database of contacts.
EuroDev works closely with the Holland International Distribution Council (HIDC), and can flush out possible 3PL warehousing /supply chain costs if needed. Finally, EuroDev also offers recruitment services, if a supplier decides they want their own sales team within Europe, as well as an M&A service for those suppliers possibly looking for acquisition candidates as a market entry strategy.