Here are some quick facts about the rise in the use of ad-blocking software:
- At least 419 million people (22% of the workforce’s 1.9 billion smartphone users) are blocking ads on the mobile web.
- Both mobile web and in-app ads can now be blocked.
- As of March 2016, an estimated 408 million people are actively using mobile ad-blocking browsers (that means a mobile browser that blocks ads by default.)
- As of March 2016, there are 159 million users of mobile ad-blocking browsers in China, 122 million in India, and 38 million in Indonesia.
- As of March 2016, in Europe and North America there were 14 million monthly active users of mobile ad-blocking browsers.
- A further 4.9 million content blocking and in-app ad-blocking apps were downloaded from the app stores in Europe and North America since September 2014.